Charlotte Observer sports columnist and author Scott Fowler has published his first young-adult novel – a family-friendly adventure story recommended for ages 8 and up.
LOST ON THE ROAD TO NOWHERE
They face an untold number of miles of deserted road and North Carolina wilderness between them and the medical help they desperately need to find for their parents, who have been badly injured in a wreck on Christmas Eve.
As the three brothers and their baby sister climb out of that wrecked car, leave their trapped parents behind and begin an unforgettable journey, they must rely on one another more than they ever have before. They must plan together. They must improvise when they encounter dangerous bears and a mysterious old woman.
With snow falling and time running out, the four children must find a way off the road to nowhere if they are going to rescue their parents – and save themselves.
• Click here to order your own paperback copy of "Lost on the Road to Nowhere" from Amazon.com for $7.99 or get it on the Amazon Kindle device (or dowloaded onto your own computer) for $2.99.
• FREE sneak peek! Read the book’s first chapter
• “Why I wrote this book” by Scott Fowler
• Scott on Fatherhood: a true -- and funny -- story
• Gaston (N.C.) Gazette's feature story on the book
• Continue to ScottFowlerSports.com